After much deliberation among MUME Management on the subject of name changes,
Manwe has written a policy for them. This means that if you want a name change,
check out this list, and don't ask if you shouldn't be asking!
Name changes will be granted (or forced) under these conditions:
1. A ridiculous name, completely out of context with MUME (i.e. Spiderman,
=> Force name change sooner or later.
- Level 25 or under: Free.
- Level 26 or above: 2 levels.
2. An offensive name (USARocks, SwedenSucks, f***, etc.):
=> Obvious: Nuke the player, even at level 100.
=> Subtle (happens to be offensive in some local language, or when read
backwards on moonless nights, or...)
- Level 25 or under: Forced name change, 1 level.
- Level 26 or above: Forced name change, 3 levels.
* Note, this does not mean we will be after everyone to change all of your
potentially offensive names now.
3. A not-really-in-context name, or the player thinks of a name that would be
=> Never force the name change.
- Level 10 or under: Free.
- Level 11 to 25: 2 levels.
- Level 26 or above: No way.
4. A newly immorted Maia who wants to look cooler:
=> No way.
5. A new Vala:
=> Possibly. Come with a good reason.
These are the rules that Management will be following when it comes to changing
names, so don't bother asking 5 different V+ in hopes of a different verdict.
The MUME Management