NAME CHANGES, NAMECHANGES
After much deliberation among MUME
Management on the subject of name changes, Manwë has written a policy for
them. This means that if you want a name change, check out this list, and
don't ask if you shouldn't
Name changes will be granted (or forced) under these conditions:
- A ridiculous name, completely out of context with MUME
(e.g.., Spiderman, LukeSkywalker, Saturn:
- Force name change sooner or later
- Level 25 or under: Free
- Level 26 or above: 2 levels
- An offensive name (USARocks, SwedenSucks, f***, etc.):
- Obvious: Nuke the player,
even at level 100.
- Subtle (happens to be offensive in some local language, or when read
backwards on moonless nights, or...)
- Level 25 or under: Forced name change, 1 level.
- Level 26 or above: Forced name change, 3 levels.
- Note, this does not mean we will be after everyone to change all of
your potentially offensive names
- A not-really-in-context name:
- Never force the name change.
- Level 10 or under: Free.
- Level 11: 1 level.
- Level 12 to 25: 2 levels.
- Level 26 or above: No way.
- A (newly immorted) Maia who wants to look cooler:
These are the rules that
Management will be following when it comes to changing names,
so don't bother asking 5 different V+ in hopes of a different verdict.
The MUME Management
SOURCE: NEWS 1828 posted
Feb 24, 2002 by Alkar.
NOTE: The list of namechanges
made during the introduction of M7 can be found at HELP
This page was automatically generated on Sun Feb 26 07:39:13 2017