Below is the annotated complete list of the 2003 April 1st enter-game-quiz
questions. They were written by Aredhel (whose idea
it was), Dáin (whose code it was), Fëanor, and Manwë.
0) MUME opened in 1992,
but who started writing it?
- CryHavoc, _Eru_,
- See http://fire.pvv.org/history.php
1) The US is currently waging a war. What other glorious war does this
remind you of?
- Pig Bay, _Vietnam_,
- Dáin hopes the US will have another Vietnam and finally will stop forcing
its way around the world. Well, not like Vietnam in the respect of lots
of dead on both sides (especially the victim one).
2) Which of the following races
is for experienced players?
3) Whose idea was the legendary
- CryHavoc's, _Manwë's_,
- This (not completely successful) idea
was Manwë's, but Dáin actually thought it was CryHavoc's.
4) Which author's work is MUME
- _Terry Brooks_,
Frans G. Bengtsson, Robert Jordan
- T. Brooks writes really bad ripoffs of Tolkien's works.
5) Can an entry on the "noidea"
list be removed?
6) What is Morgul Vale used for?
- Punishment, Sauron's home,
_I don't know_
- If you know the Morgul Vale is for punishment, you should probably not
7) Which year does MUME
- _2850 TA_, 3018
TA, 2003 A.D.
- MUME perpetually takes
place in 2850 of the Third Age, or possibly 2851, depending on whom you
8) Who is the Arata of Mudlle?
- Dáin, Nienor, _there is no such thing_
- Nienor is the Arata of Code.
9) What is the passsword?
- Abrakadabra, Ken sent me, _Mellon_
- Everyone should know this. "Ken sent me" is from Leisure Suit
Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, a legendary Sierra game for the
PC, which incidentally had
a quiz before it would let you play the game.
10) Who got the worst namechange?
- _Dervin_, Kegan,
- Námo, Eärendil and Väinämöinen. Dervin was at least a decent name, right?
11) What's that claw monster in Moria called?
- Hschkhlahk, Hschkhlack, _Hshkhlahk_
- Frór owns this mobile.
Dáin blames him for the lousy name.
12) Who reached the legendary level 100?
- Norsu, Some orc, _Some guy with no life_
- All are correct, but some are more correct than others.
13) Huor was MUME's highest level character for several years, but who
was highest before him?
- Arion, Mudder, _Var_
- That was original Var.
14) Which of these addresses was MUME
once run on?
- lbdsun5.epfl.ch, _masun1.epfl.ch_,
- Admittedly, MUME used
to run at mume.org at some point, but that's just a lame alias
for fire.pvv.org. If the first looks familiar, it is because MUME
used to run at lbdsun4.epfl.ch.
15) Which is MUME's IP?
- host is your friend. Or tracerc if you belong to the Dark
Side. The other ones are masun1.epfl.ch and lbdsun4.epfl.ch
which both have hosted MUME
in the past.
16) Which city apparently contains the highest number of annoying kids?
- Helsinki, _Malmö_,
- Malmöteens must be the most annoying bunch of kids MUME
ever had, right?
17) Who is in charge of
the machine MUME runs on?
- _Ilie_, Manwë,
- Ilie is our sysadmin!
18) How many lines of C/C++ code did MUME
have on January 12, 2002?
- See http://fire.pvv.org/mume.php. Or ask
19) What's MUME's motto about?
- player-killing, _role-playing_,
- Never forget! Try to role-play...
20) What does FIRE stand
- _Free Internet
Frenzied Inter-Race Enmity, Fictional Introvert Recreational Existence
- Admit the second one sounds better?
21) What does MUME stand
- _Multi-Users in Middle-earth_,
Mindless, Useless Misuse of Existence, Manwë Understands Much about Everything
- This should be familiar to most by now!
22) Which ISP is responsible for most bansites?
- telia.com, _aol.com_,
- Who could have guessed?
23) Which is MUME's smartest mobile?
- the Storyteller, Vairr, _Clint_
- The Storyteller claims that Clint doesn't know what he's talking about,
but Clint knows something the Storyteller doesn't!
24) Which side has killed most allies in the current Iraq war?
- the Iraqi, the British, _the American_
- Well, this might not be true anymore, but it was in the beginning!
25) Whose impressive armada is guarding the Persian gulf?
- Denmark bravely sent a submarine and another small ship to fight for
the corrupt empire across
26) What do you call a failed
- street-cleaner, carpenter, _dentist_
- I get to make fun of our favourite Vala/Republican, right?
27) What do you need to get an orc hovel?
- Lots of scalps, Be friends
with a V+, _You can't_
- There is something Manwë promised to do to get Orc Hovels
enabled again. But no-one remembers what.
28) How many Elves were there
at Helm's deep?
- tons, _one_,
- Legolas was there!
29) What happened to Kurt Cobain?
- reached nirvana, _blew his brains out_,
- Some kid MUMEr didn't even know what "Nirvana" meant.
30) Who's in charge of
- Helevorn, Soba, _you must be joking?_
- Well, it's actually Soba, but there's a lot of whining about this!
31) What is the capital of Assyria?
- Babylon, Bagdad, _Nineveh_
- British humour at its very best!
32) What is Eressëa?
- _an island_,
a peninsula, a city
- Tol Eressëa was the island constantly dragged across the ocean by Ulmo.
33) John Rhys-Davies is ...
- _Vasco Rodrigues_,
Gimli, son of Gloin, Sallah
- Dáin does not approve of Peter Jackson's rediculous fan-fiction. But
Rhys-Davies rocked in Shogun. He was good in Raiders of the Lost Arc too!
34) How many gates did Gondolin
- It's a fairytale. Go figure. The Gates
of Wood, Stone, Bronze, Writhen Iron, Silver,
Gold and Steel.
35) Who thought of this annoying idea?
- _Aredhel_, Dáin,
- Send flame-mails to Aredhel.
36) Who implemented this annoying idea?
- Donutello, _Dáin_,
- I was forced to it!
37) What day is it today?
- March 30th, _April 1st_,
- For those who can't take a joke, this is at least a good hint.
38) Which is the least reliable news
source right now?
- BBC, CNN, _Pentagon_
- The US government is lying more than ever.
39) What is Gollum's problem?
- multiple personality, _craves the ring_,
- He wants it really badly!
40) Dwarves of Middle-earth
- short, brave, _foolhardy_
- Dáin does not like Dwarf
41) Christopher Lee is ...
- Count Dooku, _Vlad Tepes_,
- Christopher Lee is Dracula.
42) Which mob dies most?
- the Assassin Master, Ghostly Captain, _Umuk_
- It's true, Umuk bites the dust more than the other two!
43) What's the maximum number of letters in a MUME
- 14, ask Superdeathflame,
- It's actually 16. But Superdeathflame has a really annoying name, right?
44) Which was the first zone in MUME?
- _Bree_, Fornost,
- The original Midgaard zone that came with DikuMUD
alpha was transformed into Bree.
Nowdays the zone has been improved many times, but it still has the same
45) Which Implementor has been longest active on MUME?
- CryHavoc, _Manwë_,
- CryHavoc and Manwë joined Eru on MUME
in the early beginning. Nada joined one year after (just before Eru left)
but has now moved to other businesses. CryHavoc is still around but stopped
coding in 2000. Manwë is still active.
46) Who was MUME's first Arata of Zones?
- Arion, Tulkas, _Zakath_
- Zakath was the first Az, but before him Aule was the first one to design
47) Who added Black Númenoreans,
Orcs and Trolls
- CryHavoc is definitively the friend of the dark side ;-)
48) Who wrote Mudlle?
- Ancalagon, _Nada_,
- Thanks to Nada, a true programming language was designed from scratch
for MUME to allow online
extensions to the game.
49) Where is the MUME computer
- Oslo, Stockholm, _Trondheim_
- In Norway, under the responsability of Ilie.
50) Which MUD inspired MUME's
- AlexMUD, Grimne, _Sejnet_
- All the Imps of MUME
used to play on Sejnet before starting their own a few months
before Sejnet's death. Many features
of Sejnet were ported to MUME
(like the whois or
the online edition of objects/mobiles/zones).
51) What was the first original code on MUME?
- Clint, _no-echo_,
- All the above were the among the first codes of MUME,
but the first coding that Eru attempted was to not show
typed passwords (he succeeded two months
52) How large is an outdoor room?
- _2x2 miles_,
1x1 km, 10x10 miles
- Aule decided that a zone would span 20x20 miles and that there would
be 9x9 outdoors rooms in a zone (10 rooms beeing reserved for indoors).
Manwë fixed that later by spawning the outdoors grid to 10x10 rooms.
53) How many player wipes
have there been on MUME?
- No player wipes have
ever been done. However, in the early beginning of MUME,
the load/save procedure was kinda bugged, and the first player
would disappear on each reboot...
54) Which was the first quest on MUME?
- Lonely Troll, _getting out of Old Willow_,
the Istari quest
- That was before mudlle,
so a complete nightmare to code within the C code.
55) Which very liked Vala used the word "nifty" every two words?
- Arion, Thuzzle, _Tinkerbell_
- In the early days of MUME,
the nifty Tinkerbell was the God of Peace (the names
Valar and Aratar
were later added by Manwë) who had the power to stop fights in the room
she stood in.
This page was automatically generated on Sun Feb 26 07:39:13 2017