Fledgling Cleric Question

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
zurha

Fledgling Cleric Question

Post by zurha »

Hello all,
I'm returning here after a long break (like six or seven years), and I just had a question about leveling a cleric. I've got a midbie warrior, and he's fairly straightforward to level, but I'm having a lot of difficulty with my cleric at level 7. I'm too small to use blind effectively (or at all, really), and so I'm just shooting/smothering most targets, but its taking an inordinately large amount of time to kill anything, and the progress is very slow. Are there any nice exp spots or suggestions that you experienced guys around here have? Thanks!

-Z
horus

Re: Fledgling Cleric Question

Post by horus »

Hi mate :) welcome back!

as a lowbi cleric i would get a bow and maybe pay some mercenaries to buff for you while you shoot wolfs etc, then cure up merc and repeat :) save all mana for cures then get blind and charm and command so you can charm some better buffers :D
and blind shoot :D
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

Yep, mercenaries rock until level 11 or so when group mates are significantly better.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

Depending on your stats, you may want to practice and xp like a warrior or scout until level 21, then take two days off to reprac after making your staff.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
zurha

Post by zurha »

Thanks for the suggestions! I got a merc (totally had forgotten about them) and that helped a ton.

Such a great community =)