Ask anything, here!

This is a board where new (and old) players can ask all kinds of questions or just discuss the things they just found.

Moderator: Andróg

Rogon

Re: Ask anything, here!

Post by Rogon »

I won't swear it's so, but I think it's helpful against the flu.
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Hi!
Now that i know that dwarves can wield ANYTHING (hurrray!) Can you tell me what PC size affects other things? (damage,health etc.)
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

Piotrhabera wrote:Hi!
Now that i know that dwarves can wield ANYTHING (hurrray!) Can you tell me what PC size affects other things? (damage,health etc.)
I can't think of anything overly important. There are some small things, for example with a spear, you can keep an attacker at bay if they hit you first - the chance for that increases the bigger you are (help stabbing).

But health, damage, and so on depends on your stats (str, con, etc) and your equipment, and what you practice. Size isn't important for those things.
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Oh. So size isn;t importamnt well then i have 4 qusetions:

1. What race is best suited to fighting with an axe? And whi is that?
2. Can dwarves cast magic?
3. is there a way to permanently chang race (if not then please tell me TEMPORARY ways of size-changinc)
4. Is there a way to change race? (half-elf -> dwarf Man-> Elf)
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

Piotrhabera wrote:Oh. So size isn;t importamnt well then i have 4 qusetions:

3. is there a way to permanently chang race (if not then please tell me TEMPORARY ways of size-changinc)
Some attempts at answers:

1. Anyone who has the strength to wield an axe can fight well with it if they practice cleaving.. Dwarves on foot have a small +5ob bonus.
2. Yes
3. 4. There is no way to change race or size. But you're allowed to make more characters, so you can make an elf, and a man, and a hobbit etc! ;)
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Rogon wrote:
Piotrhabera wrote:Oh. So size isn;t importamnt well then i have 4 qusetions:

Some attempts at answers:

1. Anyone who has the strength to wield an axe can fight well with it if they practice cleaving.. Dwarves on foot have a small +5ob bonus.
2. Yes
3. 4. There is no way to change race or size. But you're allowed to make more characters, so you can make an elf, and a man, and a hobbit etc! ;)
Oh. well tehen that are my answers:
1: Well Now i know that Dwarves are axe wielders (and so i will create Haberapiotr as an a DWARF purely for dwarf (Well i like dwarves MOST in J.R.R.tolkien's writings but for gameplay pruposes ill be an half-elf) ) But good to know that ANYONE CAN WIELD SKILLFULLY AN AXE!
2. Now that's a relief.
3. You have disappointed me here
QUESTION: what race is best suited for tanking? (the philosohly of taking as much damage as possible which i follow fervently so please tell me the truth I take it VERY SERIOUSLY)
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

Piotrhabera wrote: QUESTION: what race is best suited for tanking? (the philosohly of taking as much damage as possible which i follow fervently so please tell me the truth I take it VERY SERIOUSLY)
In my opinion, dwarves! A dwarf with high strength, constitution and dexterity. Of course they get a bit reduced dexterity compared to some other races, but as a tank (or buffer, as they are usually called in mume) you should try to have decent dex since it affects your dodge bonus, and the practicing of some defensive skills.

You can see a summary for which skills need what stats here: http://editthis.info/mumepedia/Mume_Skills_And_Spells

You can also ask a guildmaster "help parry" and they will tell you.

Cheers
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Well... it is set. DWARVEZ! HERE I COME! give me an good ax!
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

In my opinion best race suited for tanking are trolls, they have over 600 hp :),they are good at tanking particularly if they wear metal set!
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Yeah. but trollz are bad and trolls are just... trolls. they turn into stone at day so... trolls isn't for me
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

How large are the races? both good and bad and all subraces, this is so i might yet decide about being a dwarf or not.
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

If you are new then go for dwarf warrior or man warrior :p, I think warrior class is the best for newbies to learn game mechanics
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

MAN? No. DWARF? Why not?
Again i want to know how large are the races (both bad and good and subraces)
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

That's the sizes of race that I KNOW:
Man:
Eriadorian: 5.7 ft
Dunedain: UNKNOWN
Beornian: UNKNOWN
Black Numenórean(baddie): UNKNOWN

Dwarf: 4 ft

Hobbit: 2.5 ft or more

Half-elf: 6 ft

Elf: UNKNOWN

BAD RACES---------------------------------------------------------

Orc: UNKNOWN
Zaugurz: UNKNOWN

Troll: 12 ft
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Another question My main char Piotrhabera is due to be deleted fir !NOW! But it isn't deleted, why?
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

Piotrhabera wrote:Another question My main char Piotrhabera is due to be deleted fir !NOW! But it isn't deleted, why?
When it says NOW it means that the next reboot of the game will delete it.
cohen

Post by cohen »

Sanden wrote:OK. Thanks for info. But what about infusion
"I heard there's a hobbit near Michel Delving who has infusion (kinda potion I guess)? What does that do? Any good against poisons?"

What' it good for?
The infusion is good again diseases like flu. Regarding poisons, you can cure them just via spell, antidote potion and one powerfull ring. The good thing is that antidote potion can be found around Blue Mountains, but it will decay in some time. The antidote potion is called -> Brown bottle. But the best solution is stay away of rattlesnakes till you have enough hps to survive poison or to be able to spell remove it.
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Sizes again.
I created a sec, noldo elf character whis has a size of 6 feet 7 (teensy bit higher that 2 metres) Is this a common size for noldo elves? and does Half-elves can reach it if yes then what is the chance?
What average size Dunedains, Beornings (Both human and bear forms) And rohir Men reach?
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

Hello,

I do not think anyone is that sure of what exact heights the races can get...

My best advice would be to make ten lvl 1 in your account of a race, and check how tall the each are to get an idea.

You can just leave them and they will delete from your account after a few days.

Cheers,
Rogon
Piotrhabera

Post by Piotrhabera »

Thanks rogon! Ill create 8 more PC's and ill post their sizes here!