ER Registration

General discussion about MUME.

Moderator: Builders

howling

ER Registration

Post by howling »

Could ElvenRunes pages (comments, log pages, discussions etc.) be made entirely visible (not only the latest page) without registration or the registration made faster, ie. linked to ingame characters as here?
I also think this would make the community more accessible for the new players.
Rogon

Re: ER Registration

Post by Rogon »

Mume's management has no control whatsoever over Elvenrunes, as it is a player-made webpage.

The website was created, and is maintained, by Axel. But since he's not really active on mume anymore, I guess his interest in handling ER affairs is not what it once was.
howling

Post by howling »

I know that ER is an independent site, and is not run by mume management,
but it seems it is number 1 mume community site (discussions, logs, random runes), and it could be in management's interest to have active platform for all (even new) players.

for your consideration:

possibly directing elvenrunes.com to mume.org/forum (negotiating with elvenrunes.com owner)
as even mume.org/wiki is now much more resourceful and relevant than many outdated pages on elvenrunes

on the other hand I'm aware that current format of log posting on ER (with voting etc) is quite good (and users being used to that format) and may not work that well within phpbb out of box without further customization

the key issue remains that most of the content currently is unavailable without registration tho

hence it may be easier solution to link mume.org character database into elverunes.com (provide Axel with mume.org user login db access info?) to check against mume.org character database on top of the ER one (assuming he'd be willing to implement that one change...) => extra db query line of code (imho relatively easily doable)
Rogon

Post by Rogon »

I haven't talked to(or seen) Axel for years so I can't comment on what he'd be interested in doing with ER, if anything.

It's a great site and it would be great if it had an active administrator. It's just unrealistic to expect mume's management to be able to do much about the situation, since we don't have more contact with Axel than anyone else (to my knowledge atleast).

Cheers
rhuler

Post by rhuler »

I have been trying to get an elvenrunes account since before christmas 2013. I have mume mailed axel and signed up on elvenrunes and sent feedback as not registered user. Zero replies. It just says that signup for that user name is pending.

Elvenrunes cant really be seen as a complete forum for mume when new users cannot sign up.