Unretiring after 2 years and need help!!! Please!!

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Jadera

Unretiring after 2 years and need help!!! Please!!

Post by Jadera »

It has been 2 years since I have been retired, and I am very confused about the reroll.
When I started I chose the stats that were given to me.
Now I don't know what to do. It keeps on telling me over and over the same thing.

Distance to reference stats: 895 (max 100)
Str: 7* Int: 9* Wis: 8* Dex: 9* Con: 7* Wil: 7* Per: 9*.
[175 creation points left] Enter statistic, Q (done) or ? (help) >

but I have no clue what to do with any of it. I don't know what it means.
when I first started I had someone helping me with my character.

also everytime I type I am seeing ****** I am using gMUDix now that I think of it I remember having the same problem before, but I'm afraid that if I close now, that my unretirment process will get all messed up sence I haven't finished choosing things yet to set up my characters age etc. I don't know how to do that. but I can't switch muds to do it so I can see what I am typing. this is so frustrating.

Please can someone help me. Or can the Caretakers help? I hope there are some people that are still awake at this time checking the boards.

Thank you.

Jadera
Andróg

Re: Unretiring after 2 years and need help!!! Please!!

Post by Andróg »

Hello,

I might be a bit too late to respond, but here's a basic ABC of your situation:

As usual, looking at the help usually.... well, helps! :)
Although, it only covers the technical side of the process.

However, if you don't know what you want to reroll yourself into, you're in far more serious trouble. I suggest you seek help from more experienced MUME players. In fact, you should have done that before you typed in reroll - especially considering that you have no idea about what you want to reroll yourself into. But if you are already there, then this is not a particularly good advice.

So here's my two cents of advice of what you can do: I haven't tested it myself, but I believe that your reroll will be cancelled if you simply cut the link and then log on again. But even if not - cut link again, wait until the character link-rents, log in a different character and do this: read the guides on the guilds' boards, most importantly the specific guild that your character most probably will belong to. Usually those guides also have basic suggestions about stats. After that review your stats and reconsider whether you want to reroll them again.

Besids, if someone who knows the game better chose the stats for you now, then why are you changing them yourself?
Dalir

Post by Dalir »

I use http://nschimme.googlepages.com/stats.htm. Also, you will still be unretired if you quit while rerolling.
dianos

Post by dianos »

Distance to reference stats: 895 (max 100)
Str: 7* Int: 9* Wis: 8* Dex: 9* Con: 7* Wil: 7* Per: 9*.
[175 creation points left] Enter statistic, Q (done) or ? (help) >
You will need to choose new stats that are close to your "reference stats" (reference stats are the stats your character had when it was first created). To see what your reference stats actually are, type "info %B".
science

Post by science »

When I unretired a few months ago, dropping link worked fine to cancel out of the reroll process. There should be a cancel and help options in there too, that would sure make it easier!

Usually I use the page mentioned above, type in my base stats, and us the web form to find stats that I can do a limited reroll into.

I wish the suggested "newbie" stats were published on the mume help pages somewhere...
Lodis

Post by Lodis »

Jahara was an Elven Warrior back then if I'm not mistaken. Don't know her basic stat. Your MSN on Jah? I can help you with something.
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

Lodis wrote:Jahara was an Elven Warrior
You mean Jadera ;-)