A Rules Question Regarding Prompt Information Extraction

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Wobbler

A Rules Question Regarding Prompt Information Extraction

Post by Wobbler »

Am I allowed to extract the exact string (i.e. not a target keyword) for something I am fighting, in order to use in an alias that passes this string on to an eventual friend or groupleader who left me behind?

Example: tell <groupleader or friend> I am fighting <extracted string> at <roomname>! Come help!
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
thardum

Re: A Rules Question Regarding Prompt Information Extraction

Post by thardum »

I think that as long as it isn't an action you should be ok.

But I don't know for sure.
Caerroil
Bug Hunter

Post by Caerroil »

Thardum with that reasoning action- follow/track would be fine as long as you bind the direction you want to go to a key first. So before you go and do that I'll tell you that it isn't allowed to do that.
As for Wobbler's question I have no idea. The information you send is a little vague (most of the time) however it could be a big help for some so it could very well be considered illegal.
Mandor

Post by Mandor »

It's an action. It helps you in PK.

Any other questions?
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

I suppose there are situations where it could help in PK if the opponent is a named enemy player.

Edit: Can't really think of anything concrete right now, however.
Maybe I'll go to the trouble of differentiating between mobs and players.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

So, I've managed to come up with an alias that strips any labels or player-names from anything action-captured... Happy?

Code: Select all

#alias aPromptX2={#if (@i=$combat?"(") #($combat=$combat.<(@i-1));#if ($combat.<1=="*") #($combat="*"+$combat>:1)}
Parrafin

Post by Parrafin »

Wobbler, you are so crazy. I love to read your posts!

The title of this thread is classic!
Mandor

Post by Mandor »

Let me ask you this:

Are you in a PK SITUATION? Is it an action? Does it ENHANCE your tactical advantage?

Letter capitalisation directly from 'rules action'. I suggest you read it.
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

I guess this is the part quoted by Mandor.

Justice Post 35: All actions in a PK SITUATION, which ENHANCE a player's
tactical advantage over another player are illegal. If you are in doubt,
DISABLE all actions in PK situations.

I also like the second sentence which implies: If you have to ask it is pretty likely what you plan is illegal somehow.
So, being unsure is a strong indicator something ould be wrong and should not be done. ;)
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

In its current state it gives no pk advantage over having a different alias for each encounterable race, it only makes cosmetic maintenance easier.

It also makes some combat socials easier to maintain, such as this one:

Code: Select all

#alias cwipe={#if (.?$(0)) #send ("emote says 'I will wipe my sword on your corpse, "+$(0)+"!'"); #else #if (@incombat) #send ("emote says 'I will wipe my sword on your corpse, "+$combat+"!'"); #else #print ("Wipe your sword on whose corpse?")}