MUMEDings Request

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
shibeka

MUMEDings Request

Post by shibeka »

Does anyone write font styles?

How many hundreds of us use exaggerated direction tags:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< W E S T

Those are fine but I have wondered if we could get a fixed width variety font based on public domain stock with actual slanty UP and DOWN and Identical N,E,S,W arrow relative to each other.

I looked at a free font creation program but thought first to ask as it will be some time before I try to learn a new thing like that. Mostly I am coding things like "<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< W E S T" these days which is time consuming.

Concerning slanty / ups, one look at char map tells me if I need half of those symbols in game I might as well ask for a raise as I have suddenly fallen in with chemical engineers and am way underpaid. If anyone does have font skills, if it were up to me I'd be happy to lose any character I did not learn by grade 12.

justa thought.
Ortansia

Re: MUMEDings Request

Post by Ortansia »

I use powtty . I have some script that I load each time I start playing . it marks directions with different colour . Is it what you are looking for?
Jahara

Re: MUMEDings Request

Post by Jahara »

I think what he is looking for is something that adjusts the font for specific parts of the line. I believe you would need a client that supports such a feature (and none do that I know of)