mirror quest

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Numi

mirror quest

Post by Numi »

I tried this today and failed miserably. Can someone who has completed it explain a little about what it entails and what type of group you need to get through it?

I wasn't able to cast on the mobs and the warrior I was with couldn't bash them, so what do you do? Just go in with numbers and hit them?
science

Re: mirror quest

Post by science »

Schmidt led me and some others through this the other day. We didn't make it, but we got pretty close.

I was able to cast on the mobs okay... what problems did you have, or just that they hit you? Need a protector/rescuer.

Lots of gear loads in packs/corpses in the first room, and in some racks on the way.

Resting or sleeping makes bad guys appear. Not sure if this is everywhere or not.

Definitely wins the most-awesome quest award, one of the most immersive mume events I've participated in since my first visit to Moria :)
Numi

Post by Numi »

i got a message along the lines that beings from spiritual world are immune to magic
Numi

Post by Numi »

I agree. It's one of the best events I've encountered in mume as well. Anyone want to try to complete it some time?
science

Post by science »

Wierd. I wasn't casting too much, as we were trying to save mana since regen time is pretty important. Cleric blinded most and we slashed one at a time. I did spray some mobs though, perhaps it is just some that gave the immune message?
Caerroil
Bug Hunter

Post by Caerroil »

What spell did you try to cast on the mobs, was it perhaps sleep? All undead mobs are immune to sleep, whether they are found inside the mirror quest or elsewhere.

I know that fireball, colour spray, dispel evil and blindness works on the mobs inside, so they are certainly not immune to magic.

Regarding what kind of group you need I would recommend some 4-5 persons, with at least one cleric and 2+ warriors. If you can get a really high level cleric I strongly recommend that (it makes the end much more doable). But as Science mentioned even a level 90+ cleric in the group doesn't guarantee that you will succeed.