More sub Forums

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Timodeus
Arata

More sub Forums

Post by Timodeus »

What sub-forums would make sense?

Would a sub-forum for game-questions (as newbie's questions or so make sense)? I'd also think one for "minor changes" is a nice thing. Currently, some smaller changes do happen from time to time but they are not important enough for a NEWS, so usually noone gets told about them (who is going to realise there's a new line in HELP XYZ?). I'd think stuff like that could find a place in the minor changes section.
Freyja

Re: More sub Forums

Post by Freyja »

Art sub-forum! Game related, Tolkien related...
Current projects - like when the new game machine was needed. And today we have the web page redesign project.
Minor changes should be a sub. for sure. I think of more soon...
White: Fayth, Maris, Ginger
Dark: Kika
Bear playing help site: [url]hhttp://beornings.tk[/url]
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

I guess we'll wait a bit more how the forums here get used - nothing is more sad than empty forums. So, use the forum and more sub-forums will follow. That does not mean we cannot start to collect here what we think could be useful. ;)
Peapend

Post by Peapend »

I think it would be a mistake to make more then 4 or 5 more sub forums because it just divides the discussions too thinly.
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

Guide subforum for general guides that don't give away "secret" information about MUME (no smob/quest guides!)

Off the top of my head we still need a guide for gear if anyone is feeling up to the challenge :-)
Thanik

Post by Thanik »

Advice forum. Sticky guides at the top of it. Ideas forum, because everyone has a few ideas they'd like to air. Trading forum? I don't know if there's much approval for that kind of thing, but a player economy of some kind helps games imo. Stat/prac forum, because people like to show off their creations or get advice on ideas they have had. Right now the forum has only been up a few days, it'll get pretty spammy soon without further subdivision I think. Subforums also encourage participation. People may want to post a thread but be hesitant, if they can see, 'oh, my thread would go there, with other threads like it' they hesitate less.

In character forum. Race forums, faction forums, class forums, class/class forums (for combos), there's plenty of room for new forums, it's just a matter if deciding which you want and which you feel might be spreading things around too much. You don't need to look much further than the in-game boards for a bit of inspiration.