Account Output Oddity for the 36th Character

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Wobbler

Account Output Oddity for the 36th Character

Post by Wobbler »

When I use the "account" in-game command or the "list" command while logged in to my account only, I often get an odd break with inconsistent output before the 36th character.
It will be either be blank line and then a new prompt (!) followed by the auto-delete time and last host for the 30th character (the same list position regardless of "custom", "alpha", "race" etc argument) (approximately 50% of the time) and then the rest of the list
OR a blank line (no prompt), followed by the rest of the list,
OR a blank line, prompt and partial host address (not enough of it to tie to a specific list position) + list,
OR a blank line, prompt and partial name for the 27th character
OR a blank line, prompt and all info from the last 4 columns for one character (I have too many retired from the same dynamic IP to determine exact list position)
OR the list as it should be (approximately 40% of the time).

As can be seen, two behaviours are more common than the other four. This is done with an account holding 39 characters, a terminal height of 56 and a reasonably stable link (10 Mbaud bandwidth):
Ping results:
762 packets transmitted, 762 received, 0% packet loss, time 761045ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 17.350/17.736/19.151/0.347 ms
Link command output:
Round-trip time: 17ms* (kernel:20ms) Link options: timestamps sack wscale
* sometimes 16ms or 18ms, although both are rare

Does anyone else have the same kind of problem?

PS
My dynamically assigned host names are long enough that some characters who have not been logged in since the truncation was removed are shown as last logged in from *.s rather than *.se
DS
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Wobbler

Re: Account Output Oddity for the 36th Character

Post by Wobbler »

Er, I guess I should have paid closer attention to the names...
I actually only have 36 characters, and the oddity includes a repetition of my last few characters. This seems to be caused by an upgrade from powwow 1.2.5 to powwow 1.2.13. :oops:
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.