Some Sleeping Inconveniences

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Wobbler

Some Sleeping Inconveniences

Post by Wobbler »

1. I cannot quit while asleep, even if the sleeping was done voluntarily.
2. I cannot initiate a change description while asleep, but I can while in combat; I can, however, change my editor preference or finish a local edit cha desc session while asleep.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Re: Some Sleeping Inconveniences

Post by Gothmog »

Wobbler wrote:1. I cannot quit while asleep, even if the sleeping was done voluntarily.
I suggest you use the 'wake' command before quitting.
Wobbler wrote:2. I cannot initiate a change description while asleep, but I can while in combat; I can, however, change my editor preference or finish a local edit cha desc session while asleep.
It would probably be more convenient to change your description while sleeping, but for the love of everything holy Wobbler - what's your problem? You're flooding the forum with very obscure and pointless topics. Please make some kind of internal sanity-check before making a new topic.
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

I have always been wondering why sleep in mume works like near death experience ?
I really would like when asleep , I can hear ologs yellings about pukes in warren :p
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

Maybe you can get a chance to "wake up" when loud stuff happens in your room?

People fighting, yelling, ...?

No idea if this is a smart thing, from a game-perspective (since sleep also serves as "ooc-silent-mode".
Razoor

Post by Razoor »

Nah dont do that, it's nice to be able to sleep even when stuff goes on in your room :)
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

It doesn't have to be forceful wakefulness.

It could be something along the lines of:

You dream about someone yelling about '(random words taken from yell)'
You stir in your sleep as you hear the noises of combat.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

Gothmog wrote:It would probably be more convenient to change your description while sleeping, but for the love of everything holy Wobbler - what's your problem? You're flooding the forum with very obscure and pointless topics. Please make some kind of internal sanity-check before making a new topic.
It is a minor inconvenience, sure, but so is a typo. Is it also insane to typo report a missing comma or a spelling error in a mudlle output?

Timodeus wrote:Maybe you can get a chance to "wake up" when loud stuff happens in your room?

People fighting, yelling, ...?

No idea if this is a smart thing, from a game-perspective (since sleep also serves as "ooc-silent-mode".
Auto-waking could be very inconvenient, but on the other hand some sort of message could be given to a sleeping person in a room when something very noisy happens, such as someone initiating combat, without waking the person up. Ideally, this would be toggleable.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Fankil

Post by Fankil »

You can't change descriptions while asleep because this was abused by slept players some years ago. Write your desc. in notepad while asleep and paste it in when you wake up. It's not that annoying, and I'm sure you'll agree that the there are more important things to focus on.
Fankil - Servant of Morgoth (Shaper)
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

One can turn on/off climb while asleep, but not swim...
Civril

Post by Civril »

Not possible to toggle sneak also.
It should be possible to turn all toggles on/off while sleeping.
“Hey you, goblin. Uh, put on this magic helmet. Yeah, I know you're attacking me, but look, shiny helmet. Shiny!”