Enslaved shadows

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Mhoghedin

Enslaved shadows

Post by Mhoghedin »

Lately with the changes to command (News 2236) has made using enslaved shadows close to impossible. I know management wanted to make charming more difficult, but with the low level in command orcs can get, it makes charmie shadows almost impossible to use in normal xp situations.

I was wondering if it would be possible to slightly alter the command pracs for orcs, or make it easier for shadows to listen. As of right now, shadows listen maybe 1 time out of 20, and you have the added annoyance of them fleeing as well. If management doesnt want this awesome skill for shamans to become obsolete, they must change it.
Formerly a dastardly pirate of the Western Sea, he now contents
himself with rowing around the Greyflood of Tharbad in a canoe.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Over 1000 whities have been sent to Davey Jones' Locker.
Wobbler

Re: Enslaved shadows

Post by Wobbler »

I guess that's taken care of :)
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Post by Gothmog »

Fixed.
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

Does this help?

Message 2279 : Shamans and the command skill (Gothmog)
Written on Mon Mar 10 22:40:17 2008

Tarkhnarb orcs can now get a few more pracs in the command skill, to compensate
for the changes made to commanding charmed/raised mobiles a while back.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Wow. That was fast. I love you, Gothmog!
Mhoghedin

Post by Mhoghedin »

Love love love!

Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Post by Gothmog »

If somebody who is XPing a lot as a raising shaman would like to summarize their experiences in a post in a week or two, feel free to.
Azazello

Post by Azazello »

Can the shadow just disappear right after a few failed command still? :-/
Elestir

Post by Elestir »

Hey Gothmog, could you please, while you are at it, increase also the number of available pracs in command to evil aligned whities? The only place where command can be learnt enough is Rivendell atm. So bit more pracs in BM, Fornost, or Vale of Anduin, etc. would be really nice (I'd vote for BM, but any evil-accessible place would do). I've even mailed to Manwe about this several rl months ago and he replied that he will think about it. Now I am not sure if a manwe unit has already passed or not... ;)
Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Post by Gothmog »

Elestir wrote:Hey Gothmog, could you please, while you are at it, increase also the number of available pracs in command to evil aligned whities? The only place where command can be learnt enough is Rivendell atm. So bit more pracs in BM, Fornost, or Vale of Anduin, etc. would be really nice (I'd vote for BM, but any evil-accessible place would do). I've even mailed to Manwe about this several rl months ago and he replied that he will think about it. Now I am not sure if a manwe unit has already passed or not... ;)
Making life easier for evil whities is not one of my priorities, sorry. :twisted:
Elestir

Post by Elestir »

Gothmog wrote:Making life easier for evil whities is not one of my priorities, sorry. :twisted:
If this is too much to ask, then don't make it easier for evil whities. Just make it fair and let the affected chars prac command. I just suggested easier solution. And btw, it wouldn't make life to potentially evil character easier in any way, as from now on if someone want's to go evil and use charm, he will of course max command in Rivendell before he does so. It is certainly not fair that charm got changed in a way it did without giving all affected characters reasonably accessible way to adapt to the change (affected chars that basically couldn't adapt were orcs and evil whities). I ask for no favours, I ask for fairness.
Mhoghedin

Post by Mhoghedin »

If you want to be evil so much, play darkie :p

Syd

Post by Syd »

Well Gothmog, they still ignore me a bit, but it's so much more improved it's not even funny. Thank you sir.