Lowb question about warrior character skills

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Aglach

Lowb question about warrior character skills

Post by Aglach »

I've got a question about my character's makeup. Now that I am 10th level and my weapon skills are nearly maxed, what should I concentrate on as a warrior? I would like a well rounded persona (rangerish maybe?) but I don't want to become un playable.

For example, now that my slash skill is 90+%, should I try and learn a heal spell? raise dodge? suggestions? There are only so many and I would hate to put all this time in just to realize "you shouldn't have done that" two months later.

Any advice is appreciated. This game is wonderful. I love the experimenting and exploring holes under trees and having NO CLUE what to expect (and running like a lil' girl back to Fornost).

Aglach the MAN Soldier
Peapend

Re: Lowb question about warrior character skills

Post by Peapend »

Depends on the type of character you want to make and its respective stats. Id say stick with a pure warrior for its simplicity and experiment with other characters. Max your weapon skill, endurance, and max bash. Get above 75 % in ride if not more, get at least 100% wilderness. Swim and climb need to be above 70%. I suggest you keep your out of class practices low, it will make your character far more effective at lower levels. Thats just some basic stuff, at level 10 you still havent maxed out a lot of basic warrior stuff. As for dodge and parry thats a personal choice of how much defense you want on your character, I tend to keep both low on my warriors.(note: I don't play warriors much:))
I kind of suggest making a second character if you get the urge to practice other things you want to fool around with.
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

Hi :p . Well it depends on your base stats ? . Just type info %b to see your based abilities and from that you can know what type of weapon you need to use ... ect . For example if you have +18 strength so better use cleaving or smiting weapon class rather than slashing ...

Also I would suggest you to go to any warrior guild and read "warrior board" , There you will find nice warrior guides that may help you :D . There is a nice website that regroup all class's guides : http://members.tripod.com/Tabris23/index.htm . Read : Class & Race Guides
Caerroil
Bug Hunter

Post by Caerroil »

For most warrior skills it is more or less a waste of pracs to max them, with the exception of rescue and possibly bash. Some 90-95% in weapon skills and parry and around 40 pracs in endurance is where you should stop, unless you feel you got some spare pracs or need to increase your general warrior level due to practicing too much non-warrior and non-ranger skills. If you need to increase your general warrior level and you got most skills high enough I suggest getting a new weapon skill instead of maxing some skill you have high for almost no extra gain.

Besides getting very high in warrior skills you want very high in ride, swim, climb and wilderness. You also want some, and possibly quite high, bandage, pick and dodge. A prac or two in awareness, escape and search can be nice. Regarding spells getting 3 pracs in each of cure light and bless is a good idea, at your level you might want some more for now so you don't backfire too much. Last you might want track, if you have enough PER+INT to get it to a usable level. With PER+INT below 20 you might end up with too low track to even be able to find any tracks at all, with PER+INT below 25 you may end up with track that is annoying in PK but it will at least let you see tracks when you look for them.

Regarding practicing the wrong things, you can't really do that. At least not in a way that cant be fixed. "train off <skill/spell name>" will make you start forgetting that skill and give you the practice sessions back, this will continue even if you aren't logged on. (Decaying a maxed warrior skill takes about a week and a maxed spell about half of that.)
So you should feel free to experiment when you got some pracs and you don't have something else you really need for now, if you don't like what it does you can just train it off and put the pracs in something else later.
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

Yes Caerroil is right ! . No need to prac only slashing . In addition to slashing , get crushing or cleaving ( depends on your strength) . I have met people that use slashing to buff and then switch to a crushing weapon to inflict damage . That to say practice some slash for defence and another weapon skill for attack .
Aglach

Post by Aglach »

Thanks all of you! Especially for explaining how to do "train off <skill>" !
Last edited by Aglach on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edvard

Post by Edvard »

If you want, press "info %b" in game, and post your stats here for feed-back on them.