Collar and Fur Absorption

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Wobbler

Collar and Fur Absorption

Post by Wobbler »

Do the collar- and fur type equipment (worn around neck and about body, respectively) that have absorption values actually offer any protection these days, or is this bugged?
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Peapend

Re: Collar and Fur Absorption

Post by Peapend »

IF you ever get hit in the neck im sure the collar might absorb some of it.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

Supposedly, they should protect the head or the body.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Peapend

Post by Peapend »

Collars have no effect on absorb for body or head. Although I could be wrong but I dont know how you would test it or find out without having a ainur. The only collars in the game have a max hp abs of 1 point and while its % is around 90 i believe I think that the .9 hp would be very difficult to nail down...
Peapend

Post by Peapend »

Oh and i have no idea about furs that would be pretty cool. If you exa a bear though in its description it implys its fur absorbs some damage.
Elestir

Post by Elestir »

Peapend wrote:Collars have no effect on absorb for body or head. Although I could be wrong but I dont know how you would test it or find out without having a ainur. The only collars in the game have a max hp abs of 1 point and while its % is around 90 i believe I think that the .9 hp would be very difficult to nail down...
You obviously don't understand what 90% and upto 1 hp means. It doesn't mean it absorbs 0.9 damage, it means it will try to absorb 90% of the damage, but not more than 1 hp. Basically it means that this item should always absorb 1 hp.
PS. I am also curious if furs/collars have any absorb effect on any bodypart.