PowTTY updates?

Here we discussed clients, mappers, tunnels and their settings.
loden

PowTTY updates?

Post by loden »

Hi -

I first created powtty in 2002, and was wondering if anyone has made updates to it since then -- I saw the source is available for download and was just curious..

Loden
Jahara

Re: PowTTY updates?

Post by Jahara »

I'm pretty certain the only patches done were the ones already available on Elvenrunes. There are a lot of bugs, but I haven't been able to track them all mostly due to how confusingly powwow is written. For starters, I know that the buffer gets corrupted when you try to edit written text and that timers do not work. Powwow has also been updated since Powtty was written so a large number of features haven't been ported. I tried comparing the code and its fairly difficult due to how much the code base has changed since Powtty was written.

Edit: On a related powwow-hybrid note, Cuantar and I have been playing around with a new client concept that hasn't really come to fruition yet, you guys can read about it here. Development has stalled for a couple of weeks now since both of us are having some trouble finding the time due to real life. Since the tech demo (which is available for download) we had planned to rewrite powwow... now all we need to do is find the time.