Mac MUME client?

Here we discussed clients, mappers, tunnels and their settings.
Veritasmos

Mac MUME client?

Post by Veritasmos »

I currently play MUME through my girlfriend's Mac and while Terminal gets the job done, I'd like to play it through a better client that doesn't screw up character names and other words. It is functional but sometimes I can't tell what a person's name is - although I have the character set to what it's supposed to be.

Are there any Mac clients (that don't require me to launch Windows on the VM)? Although I love virtual Windows, I find it to be kind of annoying and slow-paced, like The Price is Right now that Drew Carey is hosting it; so I don't like to use it unless there's a good reason to do so.
Impatience

Re: Mac MUME client?

Post by Impatience »

I would be really interested to hear about this myself. I recently got a friend to try out mume. He is using basic telnet on a Mac atm because I'm not sure what client to suggest to him. We tried installing rapscallion but we had no luck with that (I have no idea how things work on a mac, he couldn't figure it out).

If anybody has any suggestions for clients or knows how to get rapscallion working, please share.
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

I will try to install powwow on my girlfriend's mac sometime. I will post instructions or perhaps even a binary then. Keep looking at this thread in the meantime :-)

Edit: Noticed this thread on elvenrunes: http://elvenrunes.mine.nu/cgi-bin/logs/ ... all=0&typ=
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

I managed to get powwow to install without any problems on Mac OS X 10.5. If anyone wishes to build it themselves you can just run the following commands and it should work:

Code: Select all

./configure
make
I was also able to build a universal binary for ppc and i386 macs version Mac OS X 10.4 and above. I had to use these directions:

Code: Select all

env CFLAGS="-O -g -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch ppc" \
  LDFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch ppc"   ./configure --disable-dependency-tracking
I have also uploaded the universal binary to the forum. You can download it here.
powwow-1.2.15-universal.zip
Powwow 1.2.15 Universal Binary
(205.13 KiB) Downloaded 2399 times
Ahoy

Post by Ahoy »

What about Mac OS 10.6.4? I don't know anything about this sort of stuff.. I just want it to work:( lol