[HowTo] Install mmapper2 on Windows (Mapper Guide)

Here we discussed clients, mappers, tunnels and their settings.
Triw

Re: [HowTo] Install mmapper2 on Windows (Mapper Guide)

Post by Triw »

+95% of the time I do play in play mode, sometimes I switch to mapper mode, cuz the mapper gets strange and doesn't recognize the rooms so it starts to jump me around Arda on the mapper. :P And it happens in play mode for me.

/edit: And when I do get the "all-rooms-are-gray" thing, then I just zoom the map further out to see the terrain and stuff.
puke(s) triw
darkie(s) lös
renegade(s) verïne
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

It sounds like you aren't playing in "spam on", "brief off", along with XML on. That tends to happen a lot then.
Triw

Post by Triw »

When I play with: spam on, brief off and do "cha xml", then the room description is so annoying so I generally do "spam off"...
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

I think it is a problem of synchronization
when the mapper jump all over arda , you just have to type "exa" or "look" to syncronize it
Triw

Post by Triw »

Sounds (and is) very logical, but sometimes even that doesn't help. But for now it seems like this helps: spam on, brief off, cha xml ----> normal (or something like that) and after that I do "spam off". When it gets buggy, I do spam on & spam off. Then it's back to normal until I'll have to do that again. :)
puke(s) triw
darkie(s) lös
renegade(s) verïne
avamoore

Post by avamoore »

this new version auto shuts down when i scout certain rooms, also how can i add new secret door names to "database", or is this even possible anymore? it used to be _setdoor [dir] etc
Rik

Post by Rik »

How to make a new forcemove pattern?

Pattern:
You suddenly lose your footing on the precarious slope and slide down without control.

Should force you to move down (or do nothing)
I can't get it to work, so help is appreciated.
Bishiki

Post by Bishiki »

Came here yesterday about the totally grey room zone thing and changed my dpi, but on a reread I realized I had not reset colors to the default, and now I have the mapper working right. Really it was making the exits bold that did it. I can still color things that wont be read, like tell and such.