PowTTY and Laptop

Here we discussed clients, mappers, tunnels and their settings.
Drugo

PowTTY and Laptop

Post by Drugo »

hello,
I would like to play mume using my laptop and powtty.
how can I bind some keys to movement commands? (the laptop do not have a numeric keypad)
I would like to bind ò to west, à to south, ù to east and è to north
Any help will be appreciated
Drugo
Chark

Re: PowTTY and Laptop

Post by Chark »

#rebind doesn't work?

I would definitely buy external USB keypad, if I used laptop to play mume.
Drugo

Post by Drugo »

#rebind binds char to other char (ò to s) but I still have to hit enter to confirm command
playing on the couch with laptop and external keypad is a little hard....
regards
Drugo
Imago

Post by Imago »

From the powwow help file, it says only the number pad (excluding numlock) pageup/down, f1-12, tab and the arrow keys are bindable. So I'm not sure about the special character keys on your keyboard.
Elestir

Post by Elestir »

Imago wrote:From the powwow help file, it says only the number pad (excluding numlock) pageup/down, f1-12, tab and the arrow keys are bindable. So I'm not sure about the special character keys on your keyboard.
I don't know what powwow help file says, but I know that powwow can bind any key that sends an escape sequence. And in linux you can reconfigure e.g. your xterm so that basically any(?) key can send some escape sequence. PowTTY is probably way different here, as it is built on putty, and thus limited by its configuration possibilities.
harell

Post by harell »

I too would like to know of any ideas that ppl may have. I have been playing mume for about 4 years now, and have used nothing but a laptop and powtty. I have a few key-bindings (F1-12 or so.. mostly for targeted pk hitting/bashing/bashdis/track/some agg spells/etc). I took me a while before my fingers started hitting the right function keys (let it be noted that tracking your target in a 2 room closable pk fight is not very helpful), but I suppose I manage.

What I really wanted to get working was the arrow keys for movement (N,S,E,W). I tried to set these up at one point, but ended up failing for one reason or another. :roll: The only drawback that I see to that is how often I use the "Up" key for spamming commands more than one character in length.
playing on the couch with laptop and external keypad is a little hard....
I am right there with ya pal. :lol: