Games to play

If it's not about MUME, post it here.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
You can post about anything non-MUME related here.
Timodeus
Arata

Games to play

Post by Timodeus »

Mass Effect is a really nice game and is worth your time and money.

But please note it IS overhyped. The main-story is "short", so short that I nearly feel offended (I basically shoot myself through some 12 large locations and that is it), "side-quests" basically do not exist, you just have a bunch of small, usually badly made extra-missions on bald, boring planets.
There are very few locations (as in cities or whatever you usually have in RPGs) where you can actually talk to people, most places are just "arrive, get the note to kill the enemies, then kill the enemies, go on"
You also have a ridicilous random-loot- (finding ammunition and guns in crashed exploration-probes? Hello?) and quest-reward-system (you get 300xp and 20.000 credits for doing a talk-quest that really, really involves no money at all!).

Mass Effect is a rocking game, with a rocking, but very short main-plot and totally sucking (or even not-existing) side-quests. But it is more an talk-intense-action-RPG than a classic RPG as the ones BioWare released in the past (up to and not including Jade Empire).
wilderon

Re: Games to play

Post by wilderon »

you should try playing EVE. freaking awesome game! huge world. unending missions. kickass!
Puke Lords: Beltar Avid Ballin Carltan Kamil Tevrak Rabble Langdin Wilderon

Evil Lords: Citan Wort Wilt Curt Ebonix Decimation
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

If you did not play The Witcher when it came out, get it now that the Extended Edition is out.

It is a really cool RPG with funny fights and A LOT of cool quests and a dark world!
Materia

Post by Materia »

Hrm, The Witcher looks really cool, I'm going to have to look into that!
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/142/14236144.html

The average press rating is 8.4, imo a bit too low... and the average reader rating is 9.7 which is a bit too high but surely the right direction. ;)

This summary hits the nail on the head, I guess: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/review/pc/ ... anced/?p=2
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

So, anyone has some nice recomendation? Classics (well, not that classic, 2002 and above) or new ones are welcome. Just finished Knights of the Old Republic 2 again. ;)

Genre etc don't really matter, what game is good?

Apart from that, anyone played Empire at War? Usually I'm not so into RTS, but since I'm Star Wars Fanboy I'd give it a try if it's good and funny enough...
wompum

Post by wompum »

I like Red Alert 2 its not a rpg or anything buy has good online player vs player
Arly

Post by Arly »

anyone played ragnarok online?
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

By the way, I was heavily disappointed by Fallout 3 (or, to put it some other way: It is what I expected from a company that made TES III and TES IV. *snore*).
Imago

Post by Imago »

Just finished Final Fantasy VII again, that game is awesome. Storyline so compelling. I'm thinking of replaying both Zelda games on N64. I'm going to finally get with the times on systems/games once I get into the military, all that free time will need to go to something!
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

F.E.A.R. is really nice to play. The beginning is absolutely rocking, extremely cool horror-elements. Sadly, it becomes an normal (with a few very cool horror-elements) shooter after that (well, I'm fighting lots of soldiers... how... creative for a shooter) but it still is a very well made shooter with good enemy A.I.. I also found it rather balanced, which means I could enjoy the game but when I didn't pay attention, I died (read: not too hard).

Costs only 15€ or so and it surely is worth that.
science

Post by science »

I really liked the LOTR game that went with return of the king (didn't play the others).
http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Return ... d_sim_vg_6

Anyone played the The Lord Of The Rings: Shadows Of Angmar LOTR MMO game?
http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Shadow ... B000GR9P76

And now I'm a mac guy so I can't play many other games :) hehe