[Bug] Charmie bugs

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Mhoghedin

[Bug] Charmie bugs

Post by Mhoghedin »

Ok, so lately I've noticed a bug with lioness charmies...

They have 100% protect, but sometimes they randomly refuse to flee! I'll be spamming after some puke to aman, and some damn vine will hit me, and it refuses to flee. I KNOW its not mps, because I've bobbed them literally a few rooms beforehand, they just fail flee after flee in 4 exit rooms.

Also, the lion that leads the group of lionesses south of aman sometimes will run away from you. I've had a lion go (no lie) from KHUZUR ALL the way back to south of aman. It begins to cry constantly, and when you flee or smth, it will just spam all the way back to the pride. I know fatherly concern is nice, but I charmed the damn thing!
Formerly a dastardly pirate of the Western Sea, he now contents
himself with rowing around the Greyflood of Tharbad in a canoe.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Over 1000 whities have been sent to Davey Jones' Locker.
Lodis

Re: Charmie bugs

Post by Lodis »

I've noticed that s of Aman Lion behaviour once with my caster too Mhog. I didn't know if that was a bug.. Was it?
wilderon

Post by wilderon »

it isnt a bug he just wants his hoes back!
Puke Lords: Beltar Avid Ballin Carltan Kamil Tevrak Rabble Langdin Wilderon

Evil Lords: Citan Wort Wilt Curt Ebonix Decimation
Timodeus
Arata

Post by Timodeus »

I'm not sure what this forum is intended for but I think stuff like that should still get reported on the internal bug-report board.

Othervise we spam this forum down with "stuff" that does not belong here.
Sung

Post by Sung »

Timodeus wrote:I'm not sure what this forum is intended for but I think stuff like that should still get reported on the internal bug-report board.
I think it might be a good idea to have focused topic bug threads, where a group of bugs (e.g. "charmie bugs") gets reported and then fixed, explained or called a feature. However, our resources are limited and the number of bugs in the game is far from that. There isn't always a Vm+ (or the sometimes required C-coder) to deal with the bugs, and I hope the forum doesn't get flooded with bug reports until we figure out how to process them efficiently.

On topic, fixed these:
- Charmed mobiles can now flee into unfamiliar terrain.
- A dark-maned lion will not get homesick while charmed.
-- Sung the Arata of Zones
heigo

Re: [Bug] Charmie bugs

Post by heigo »

Not exactly about charmies, but mounts you can call to you also do similar thing.
Namely, if call your horse and then mount up before it gives its specific message about having found you it will not cancel its efforts to keep looking for you (actually the spot you called it to). So when you dismount or lead it at some point it will run back to the place you called him to.