Bug forum

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Bug forum

Post by Gothmog »

Added a forum for bug reports, we have started filtering out and condensing the numerous bug reports from MUME's bug-command. It should be readable to all users for now, I didn't make it writable because it's a work space, not a meeting. Maybe this will change later on.
Azazello

Re: Bug forum

Post by Azazello »

I'am not sure that readabl for all is a good thing. Quite some bugs are abusable...
Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Post by Gothmog »

We'll see. Perhaps it will drive development. Then again, blatant bug abuse also leads to a pruning of legend characters. :D

And.. I think very few, if any, of the bugs posted here are easily abusable in any scary sense of the word. If/when we find something that is obviously _really_ bad (say like something that can give you free, untracable XP or something equally crazy) I doubt I'd post it here first thing. I think it might be valuable for the player base to see that we are aware of a number of issues, plus it's so much easier having a good overview of the current situation this way. That said, sure we might migrate to some other format or lock it for Mb- or whatnot. Like I said, we'll see.
Snarp

Post by Snarp »

So we still go through mume to report bugs, we can't make new topics in that forum for new bugs?
Gothmog
Vala (Mudller)

Post by Gothmog »

No, not yet anyhow. We'll see if we do some other long term solution. One problem with the current system is that so many things get reported many, many times. Another problem is that people bugreport things that are not bugs at all ("I can't believe this, I just mobdied because these mobs bash, that's so unfair"). It's rather tedious, so a new and improved system would be nice.
Elemmakil

Post by Elemmakil »

I feel unwanted.