Prioritizing bugs

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Mint
Arata

Prioritizing bugs

Post by Mint »

Let's talk about bugs: Mume has them, and you want them fixed.

Anything can be fixed given enough time, but not all bugs are created equal. Some are easy, and some are hard. Some are truly serious, and some are just annoyances.

I'd like to prioritize bugs so that we get the most reward for the least effort. To do that I'll need your help deciding which of our bugs will have the most impact.

Please tell me: Which bugs do you think are the most critical? Please refer to posts in the Bugs section of the forum. (Note: This discussion is open to both C and Mudlle bugs.)
Wobbler

Re: Prioritizing bugs

Post by Wobbler »

These are the five I would prioritise, although I would give getting rid of the move penalty for track even higher priority than any bugfix:

A track bug: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=163
A rescue bug: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=512
Level requirements bug: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=350
Travelling quest: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=343
Backriding: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=195 with an idea for fixes viewtopic.php?f=6&t=662
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Jahara

Post by Jahara »

mobdeaths where majority of the damage was from fall/mudlle trap
Elestir

Post by Elestir »

The bug with no delays for followers has huge impact on PK. Even following mobs "abuse" it probably.

For details, check: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=681
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

Regarding the rescue spam reduction ( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=512 ), I think the same should go for groupmates being bashed.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Andróg

Post by Andróg »

Jahara wrote:mobdeaths where majority of the damage was from fall/mudlle trap
I agree with Jahara. 100%.

Just few days ago I managed to mobrip from full hps (which was about 200hps for that char at that moment) by losing almost all my hps to fall damage and then a semi-dt right after it. In between those two I was tickled a few times by a few mobs. After the semi-dt I ended in incap and a starved wolf killed me. Counted as mobdeath, but the mobs probably did no more than 15hps of the total damage.
alfear

Post by alfear »

Being tickled to death by starving wolfs sounds like a grusome way to go..:P
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

Maybe you should fix the bug which caused sundeath to 2 trolls because of ram ?
I know it is out of topic but why bugs are not reimbursed? :p
Vortenos

Post by Vortenos »

Whats the story behind that? I heard discussion of that in narrate. Sounds like 2-3 trolls were pushing a battering ram to Bree when something happened on the OER?
All extremists should be shot.
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

I don't know the details of the story but anyway trolls can't follow leader into sun but the ram is bugged so they followed and they suned :( .
Naga

Post by Naga »

I'm so with Jahara on the fall_damage issue. It's sickening to mobrip while going from full hps to -2 or so hps, being at incap, and then a snake or bat hitting you dead and getting mobrip.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

The bug that makes tracks decay on any weather change, even if it is just an increase or decrease in clouds, should obviously have high priority too.