Deep mines of the Blue Mountains

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Vortenos

Deep mines of the Blue Mountains

Post by Vortenos »

The dorf foreman would let me in, but can anyone tell me how hard this area is? Could a 14 mage manage himself solo in there?
All extremists should be shot.
Caerroil
Bug Hunter

Re: Deep mines of the Blue Mountains

Post by Caerroil »

I would not recommend anyone unfamiliar with the area to enter it alone. If you do anyway be very watchful of what happens. As far as a recommended group I'd say 3 level 15ish is a minimum if you don't know the area.
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

Well this area is kinda hard for a level 14 :p . There are like 5 nasty spiders . The problem is that you need to be fast and flee before the spider start to weave her web :p if you fail to flee or if you are too slow you will be cocooned which means you won't be able to move anymore and you will die like 1 day mume time ? if no one come to save you !
Vortenos

Post by Vortenos »

A careful hero could solo there?
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

I think 2 people is good
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

In case you go solo :p make sure you have some friends around to help you in case you get cocooned :p
Vortenos

Post by Vortenos »

How quick do you have to be anyway? Do you get a good warning? I'll prolly wait some levels and see if I can enlist some others in an adventure. I'm going to guess you can earn the BM citizenship from questing down there
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

I can't remember exactly :p but yes there is a warning like : the spider start quickly weaving ... then you have to flee quickly . I remember I did it like 3 times with a friend and once we got cocooned both :p . fortunately someone came and cut the cocoon ... it was fun tho :p

For sure that place doesn't load bm citizenship ! . It loads only some gold and war mattock :p .
Andróg

Post by Andróg »

Ortansia, you forgot the exp! It loads good exp! ;) You cannot fight those spiders anywhere else. :)
Ortansia

Post by Ortansia »

Indeed ! It loads very good xp too :D
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

Last I checked it wasn't a war mattock, it was a steel-shafted mattock.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Andróg

Post by Andróg »

Yeah, these days the main loading-stop of war mattocks seem to be the shops of Arda! ;)

As much as I've played in 2008, there always seems to be at least one war mattock sold in some shop of the whitie side. :P

Then again, more seriously, I think it's kind of expected. Most of the legend eq is has shop-prices far lower than their "general playerbase market price". War mattocks on the other hand are worth a lot more in shops than in regular play, thus those who have an extra war mattock, and no friend to spare it to, just sell it.