Warriors and spells

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Parrafin

Re: Warriors and spells

Post by Parrafin »

I find bob extremely useful for an elf warrior. It can suck to have heavy as hell equipment and try to go anywhere without leaving yourself in danger. Almost necessary for traveling long distances.
Andróg

Post by Andróg »

Parrafin, if "armour-management" is supposedly the key to playing a caster (as a famous bn once wrote), then move-management is possibly the key to playing a warrior who walks solo (or simply without a following/leading bobber). So probably you'll just have to practise it some more. ;) Besides, I cannot see how elves who have access to such great mounts can have such movement problems.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

It's called "track".
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Elestir

Post by Elestir »

Playing an elf warrior as a bobber is actually not that bad idea. It's one of the way to utilize the elven manaregen. And bob is handy for elf, because moveregen is not really where elves excel.
Orix

Post by Orix »

Whats the lowest INT, WIS where a warrior could still get bob? And how many practice (%) should be put in to work?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Singleton

Post by Singleton »

Concerning antidote/remove poison discussion some above: Antidote ingredients are trivial to get and one antidote lasts quite a while, so where is the trouble to mix one bottle from time to time and have it ready in case of need?
Andróg

Post by Andróg »

In relation to what Singleton wrote I have a question too.

Is it true that some herblores are easier to mix and some harder? Meaning that, lets say, wis10 will fail some herblores more often than others because they're considered "more complicated"? (I've never got a straight answer to this before.)
Caerroil
Bug Hunter

Post by Caerroil »

Yes, some herblores, like drake-slumber, are much harder to mix than others, like baker, which very rarely fails.