Unable to Logon (Bug?)

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Gird

Unable to Logon (Bug?)

Post by Gird »

Hey guys, I'm having trouble logging on right now. I can get my client to connect but when I enter my account or character name at the logon screen it just hangs. This happens with both tt++ and with basic telnet. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and using basic telnet that comes with said Ubuntu. It hangs also when I enter 'new' to attempt to create a new account.
The road goes on and on,
down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the road has gone,
and I must follow if I can.
-Bilbo Baggins
Gird

Re: Unable to Logon (Bug?)

Post by Gird »

Happens when I attempt to log on from the java client as well.
The road goes on and on,
-Bilbo Baggins
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.04.1 just a few weeks ago and I'm having no trouble whatsoever logging on using plain telnet, nor with powwow.
Do you have any firewall or proxy settings that might be interfering, or perhaps an unreliable router somewhere along the way?
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.
Gird

Post by Gird »

It's recent and it's just MUME. I can connect, but none of my input after connection seems to go through. Other MUDs work. Other circle based MUDs work. MUME doesn't work through telnet, powtty, tintin++ or through the java client on the webpage.

Editted to add: Not only does my input not seem to go through, it in fact appears to crash telnet.
The road goes on and on,
-Bilbo Baggins