OB, def and damage

Old MUME discussions.

Moderator: Builders

Forum rules
The posts in this forum should be related to MUME.
Elestir

Re: OB, def and damage

Post by Elestir »

Maxed base CON indeed means bit more hps, because of higher endurance %. This difference scales with level. No idea how big this difference is though, but I can imagine at really high levels it's tens of hps. On my warriors I tend to prefer STR over CON, with the exception of my beorning.
Kushnak

Post by Kushnak »

I did a little test on encumbrance today with my two orcs. The orc with current str 21 with age and training could carry about 10 more lbs than my orc with current str 18 before getting negative db %. Ob seemed to be unaffected but I didn't try carrying more weight than metal set, weapon/shield, and pack with some basics. Not sure how much it affects moves and bashing doors though... 10 lbs seems very insignificant for +3 strength though.
Dearth

Post by Dearth »

Elestir wrote:Maxed base CON indeed means bit more hps, because of higher endurance %. This difference scales with level. No idea how big this difference is though, but I can imagine at really high levels it's tens of hps. On my warriors I tend to prefer STR over CON, with the exception of my beorning.
Nods, the difference is not big. At lvl 50 torcs the difference can be around 10-15hp(440 with con 19, wil 13 ~455 with con 20, wil 13 same endurance pracs).
The number is small, obiously. But in my opionion it's still significant in pk because opponents then underestimate what "Wounded" or "Bad" hps really are.
Wobbler

Post by Wobbler »

Elestir wrote:Not completely sure if STR affects damage directly (other than through the tiny ob bonus you described), but if it does, it will probably be as negligible as the ob bonus.
I don't recall when, but I'm fairly certain I've read that max damage is determined by strength and weapon damage (might have been 3 * weapon damage + 1 * strength, but I'm not sure) somewhere on this forum, posted by (I think) what I considered a reasonably informed person. Can't back up my claim any more than that, unfortunately.
That it would make sense is, of course, not a valid argument when it comes to MUME.
Politicians are wise and benevolent and will gladly sacrifice themselves for the common good. Anyone who implies that there might exist dishonest politicians is obviously a terrorist who should be locked up indefinitely without a trial.