* The bloodwight will now be more cautious when pursuing intruders outside its
lair, amongst other things. (Arfang, Waba)
* In addition to NEWS 2553, we removed two obscure and unintended ways to
escape snares (pElestir reported one of them, Waba fixed the bugs).
* You should no longer be stuck in endless incapacitated state. There is now a
hard cap that makes you start bleeding after a few RL minutes. (Dáin)
* In an effort to keep the old elven trade routes alive, Cirdan recently sent
out merchants carrying exotic spices and herbs. This initiative did not go
unnoticed by some less than trustworthy individuals, as not a single merchant
managed to arrive unscathed. Cirdan has thus concluded that the eastern route
will remain closed until the brigand menace is brought under control.
OOC: A herb that previously could only be found in shops in the Grey Havens
can now be found elsewhere. (Rogon)
* When visited, Narv will now update player's achievements if they had finished
his quest but did not have the achievement. (Arfang)
* Players who defeat the wolves that disturb the Shire during the winter will
now receive the achievement even if they are already citizens. (Imago)
* For anyone writing clients out there, MUME now supports the Telnet Charset
option (RFC 2066). See also "help mpi" for updated documentation of MUME's
Telnet option support. (Dáin)
MUME has moved to a new machine. It can still be reached at
Its new IP address is 188.8.131.52.