There are two reasons for you to retire: a) to prevent auto deletion of your character or b) to obtain one of the three resets/rerolls: a limited reroll, a practice reset, or an agereset.
a) Your characters have a limited lifespan after you log off before they are deleted, irrespective of how much gold or equipment they have for renting. This time period is ((level × (level + 1)) ÷ 2 + 14 days) and when it is up your character will delete on the next reboot. In case you are unable to log in for an extended period and yet want to return at a later date with the same character you need to retire him/her. Note that Legends (level 26+) will not auto-delete. b) "pracreset" allows you to reset your practices after 31 days of retirement, while "reroll" lets you make small changes to your statistics. A reroll is available after 31 days of retirement for non-legends and after one RL year for legendary characters. To obtain an "agereset", which will reset the age to base age, characters must be retired for one RL year. When you log on in retirement you are told how long you have until you can reroll, pracreset or agereset (if you were retired normally and can obtain these without the help of a V+).
In order to retire you must go to a receptionist and type "rent retire" twice.
When you type it once the innkeeper will tell you how much money you will have
to pay; this sum equals 30 days of normal rent. Once you have retired there
will be no further cost.
There are three restrictions that must be met to retire: you have at least one item (such as a loaf of bread), at least 1 coin such as a copper (a busc in the Elven tongue), and enough money to pay your rent for 30 days.
Legend characters who have been inactive for a year will be retroactively retired, see HELP RETROACTIVE RETIREMENT.
To leave the retirement you use the "leave" command. Important: If you "leave" before you do your "reroll", "pracreset", or "agereset" you will not be able to use them afterwards!
To make it perfectly clear: In case you want your resets you have to get them while you are still retired and if you leave before doing them, you also will not get a refund!
Some special notes:
1) BNs can "camp rent retire" or retire at Karash (Dark Tower) and gaunt man.
2) Low level retired characters might get deleted after long periods of inactiveness. While the details of this purging is not specific it is generally safe to assume that "long" is greater than one year and low level refer to characters under level 20.
3) Characters under level 6 cannot "rent retire".
4) Retired Istari cannot get an age reset.
5) Sauron-listed people cannot retire.
6) Characters above level 15 and WITHOUT eq and coins can ask any Mw+ to get retired. 7) You might be entitled to a full reroll. See HELP REROLL for more.
See also: RENT, RETROACTIVE RETIREMENT
This page was automatically generated on Sun Feb 26 07:39:14 2017