Norsu has left the building is a level one hundred Tarkhnarb Champion
Race: Tarkhnarb Orc
Special note: The first L100 character ever. The only mortal character that is listed on the list of immortals (view wizretired).
Base abilities: Str:18 Int:10 Wis:7 Dex:14 Con:19 Wil:12 Per:16.
Reference abilities: Str:18 Int:10 Wis:8 Dex:15 Con:18 Wil:12 Per:16.
These are probably not what I played with, I rerolled some time after I stopped playing to test something.
Give a brief description of your char (free format telling, class-wise, choice of weapons, style-wise, any other information you wish to include)?
More than anything else, I depended on having a high track % for PK. Most of the time we'd be a group of 3 people roaming around looking for targets and depend on hunting people down after the initial clash to get kills.
Weapon-wise, whatever hit hard I guess. Mostly ornate or warsword. Early Norsu was all warsword I believe, later they did some changes that made ornate more attractive (being able to poison it more times from a vial maybe?)
How would you summarize the career of your char, how did it all happen ?
It happened because a finn (Securitate) rolled an Orc (in a line of many I'm sure), back in the stathunting days of mume, but did not like the stats. I thought they were alright, so I asked if I could have it, and he gave me Norsu...
What was characteristic to your career, were you especially known of something specific, or did you have some favourite tactics?
*Norsu the Orc* crushes your head extremely hard.
Your body turns numb as the poison speeds to your brain!
Did you have somekind of eras distinctive of each other, favourite group mates, etc?
With Norsu, I think the people I grouped most with were Caress, Everhate, Uldrak and Baresark. There was a bunch of others too though. We had the world's largest labgroup.
What was the one thing you loved in your char that made you play it all the way?
The combination I guess?
Orc - more pk targets!
Good tracker - Can't really pk without it.
Melee - We all know what the need for big weapons is a substitute for.
Describe the best, the worst, and the funniest memory you have with this char?
The best: I can't single out any best memory. It was good times whenever there were players to kill, and I did xp whenever there were no pk to be had. I didn't mind running around killing mobs for a few hours at slow times... As long as you ignored Caress's whines of "omg we're gonna kill another troll mob??".
The worst: No regrets, it's all good.
The funniest: No idea. Highway robbery maybe? The log is out there somewhere. If that was even Norsu? Was one of my orc melee'ers atleast.
Each level 100 character is asked to present one question to other club 100 members. Kindly submit your question here, and answer to it yourself too.
- Question by Norsu: Brown wolf or mountain mule?
- Question by Dragóth: Do you still try to explain and describe mume to people irl? Or even show it?
- Still try? I never tried :(
- Question by Ypsilon: What did you do after reaching lvl 100? After quitting MUME? Any new "poisons" to your life?
- Retired. Mume was in decline anyhow so it was a good time to move on. There's always new poisons. What's life without addictions?
- Question by Stolb: Why do you think that most of puke lev 100's are hardcore expers while darkie lev 100's are hardcore pklers? Which way did you pick and most important - why?
- It's harder to pk as a puke, and most people follow the path of least resistance and thus pk'ers play darkie. 9/10 hardcore pk'ers disagree? Well sue me :=)
- Question by Staub: If you could start all over again, would you? and what would you do differently?
- I'd start playing mume earlier. Missed out on some golden days mid/early 90's.
- Question by Vardamir: When did you start to play this game and how come you started?
- '96 I think. An rl friend showed me around and it looked fun...
- Question by Salazár: Why there are barely any players playing MUME nowadays?
- Lots of reasons probably. They never hear about it, and if they do, there's so many free graphical games that a text-based game is probably discarded before it's even tried.
On top of that, mume has been dead in the water for a long time now. There's very little game development going on, it's just low level maia stuff like new zones that get put into the game.
When was the primary playing period irl of this char?
What is your relationship with MUME nowadays?
- A fond memory.
How do you see MUME now compared to what it was back then?
- I don't know how it is for players these days. I just log on and read the news every now and then.
Mume was hands down the best player vs player game I've ever played. I don't think you can get that as a new player now. Too small player base probably.
It's funny that the management of mume wanted (my impressions) a deep involving game of Tolkiens world with role-playing and such, while frowning on pk as if it was a kind of neccessary evil. And at the same time they created an awesome player vs player game, while for the roleplayers, there's almost nothing that encourages it ingame.
Any hints, advices, greetings to MUME community?
- I tried but I can't think of anything clever to say. Live long and prosper?
Other characters you have: ?
- Eileen, Geisha, Grez, Kesslod, Kesslove, Mato, Pandion, Raindrop, Sarah, Throg, Wyzz, Yolinda, Azazhel, Debbie, Duh, Fierce, Pluttis, Posh, Woe, Zed
- Real life name and nationality: ?
- Just a random noname swede
Last updated on November 2021.