Staub InterviewThe following interview was done in November 2010 by Antti.
Staub Steelblade, Chieftain of Durin's House is a level one hundred Dwarven Veteran
Class: Defense warrior
Special note: Balrog 1 - Staub 27. Balrog accounts for Staub's only mobrip.
Base abilities: Str:19 Int:8 Wis:7 Dex:17 Con:18 Wil:13 Per:11.
Reference abilities: Str:19 Int:8 Wis:7 Dex:17 Con:18 Wil:13 Per:11.
- Give a brief description of your char?
- The ultimate defence warrior. Being a dwarf only axes were used for the first 100 levels. Used swords for a few weeks after reaching L100 to have fun with black sword and test max defense. 187 def, 94% armour, 520 hps.
- How would you summarize the career of your char, how did it all happen?
- Decided to try out a defensive warrior, someone that wouldn't die at sight of the first orc. The character turned out to be a bigger success than i ever imagined and was tons of fun to play.
- What was characteristic to your career?
- I would always strive for the highest defense and best equipment. Also, xp was always the priority for Staub. Staub never cared about pk and was of course much hated by the numerous pkdaddies for this.
- Did you have somekind of eras distinctive of each other, favourite group mates, etc?
- The first 70 levels would be one era. Would always group with Snowy and those first 70 levels were reached in 6 months irl.
The last 30 levels would make up the xp grinding era.
- What was the one thing you loved in your char that made you play it all the way?
- I loved the power to buff anything and to smob with the smallest possible group.
- Describe the best, the worst, and the funniest memory you have with this char?
- The best memories are all from labbing with p(Reno), p(Hector), p(Haazheel) and p(Thror). How we would start a session with high hopes and most of the times we would call it a night in Mandos. And we would always find a new way to end up there.
The funniest memory has to be when I met Stolb at around L95, he would be quick to run away after a few hits were traded and i would of course be called the wimp.
Each level 100 character is asked to present one question to other club 100 members. Kindly submit your question here, and answer to it by yourself too.
- - Question by Staub: If you could start all over again, would you? and what would you do differently?
- I would probably do it all over again. Couldn't spend the same amount of time on it though. But i would still make all the same mistakes, as those are what you learn from most anyway.
- - Question by Salazár: Why there are barely any players playing MUME nowadays?
- The younger generation is too lazy to imagine things when they can play wow or any other morpg and have it all drawn out for them. And as the main playerbase gets older, we simply develop other priorities. Children and careers and other hobbies become more important than sitting behind the computer for hours.
- When was the primary playing period irl of this char?
- It must have been 2005-2006
- What is your relationship with MUME nowadays?
- I'm not too active these days. But I do enjoy nuking an orc or two with my cleric every now and then.
- How do you see mume now compared to what it was back then?
- Mume has become infinately easier than it used to be. The average player has more skill, better eq and everyone uses a mapper and client. Smobs that required groups of 5-6 people (buffers and nukers) are now killed by 3 warriors.
- Any hints, advices, greetings to MUME community?
- Don't let others tell you how you should play the game.
- Other characters you have:
- Nator, Barclay, Megazz, Falck, Volber, Fratus, Ordi
- Real life name and nationality?
- Priit, Estonian
Last updated on November 2021.