Tan N'Ed is a level one hundred Hill Troll Warrior
- Race: Hill Troll
Special note: a level 100 *Troll*, no further comments needed!
- I recall seeing a log where you were slept in the sun, did that happen often?
- I recall that I was slept only 3-5 times total. Only one of them lasted until sunrise though.
- You seemed to take that pretty calmly, part of the game or how do you see it?
- Yes, I think it is part of the game. I would have been angry at myself, not to the other player, if I had sundied like that. I have been known to "sunkill" trolls myself too.
- Your guess who will be the next troll reaching level 100, any good candidates out there?
- Based on the troll activity I saw during last few weeks, I have no idea who/when would be next. But we are speaking of trolls, so in any case the situation can quickly change.
- Give a brief description of your char (free format telling, class-wise, choice of weapons, style-wise, any other information you wish to include)?
- Tan is an unarmed tracking troll with stabbing (spear) as secondary weapon skill. No rescue at all, because mostly played solo.
- How would you summarize the career of your char, how did it all happen?
- I had not really played troll before, but I noticed that it is a convenient race for such solo player as I had become. After I noticed the possibility to make steady XP even at high levels, it was easy to keep going.
- What was characteristic to your career, were you especially known of something specific, or did you have some favourite tactics?
- Certainly I was best known for playing solo and doing Warrens/Trollshaws XP. But I regularly went to other places to camp, and keeping quiet about that was a chosen strategy.
- Did you have somekind of eras distinctive of each other, favourite group mates, etc?
- I think not.
- What was the one thing you loved in your char that made you play it all the way?
- Before, I had thought that troll would be boring, because you have to sit idle all day. But I noticed that it is possible to adapt to that and have more efficient playing time instead of just idling.
- Describe the best, the worst, and the funniest memory you have with this char?
I suppose best was the fact that I did not sundie.
Not many bad memories. Perhaps few deaths that could have been avoided.
There was one night, when I killed a whitie moveless and another whitie moveless. That is, first a whitie went moveless and I killed it, and then I went moveless and killed another whitie while I was moveless myself. That was pretty funny.
Each level 100 character is asked to present one question to other club 100 members. Kindly submit your question here, and answer to it yourself too.
- - Question by Tan: Considering that you leveled to 100 with a specific race/class and playstyle, which would have been your least favourite race/class to play with similar playstyle?
- Probably bear, because AFAIK in bear form they are more limited to certain area (although I am not sure - have not played)
- - Question by Dragóth: Do you still try to explain and describe mume to people irl? Or even show it?
- Yeah, sometimes.
- - Question by Ypsilon: What did you do after reaching lvl 100? After quitting MUME? Any new "poisons" to your life?
- About half a year ago I decided I want to move to China. If the paperwork goes fine, I will do that in January 2013. That will be a few good TPs for me.
- - Question by Stolb: Why do you think that most of puke lev 100's are hardcore expers while darkie lev 100's are hardcore pklers? Which way did you pick and most important - why?
- I guess pukes have easier access to more XP than darkies. This assumption also suggests that maybe darkies have easier access to more PK than pukes. In this perspective, isn't it natural? As a darkie, I certainly was more towards XP. However, I also decided to play solo. Hardcore solo pking a troll to very high level would not be easy, because you would be suntrapped and overkilled all the time.
- - Question by Staub: If you could start all over again, would you? and what would you do differently?
- "If I could" implies a lot, but if I had not yet done it and had same chance as I had back then, I probably would. I would do little things differently.
- - Question by Vardamir: When did you start to play this game and how come you started?
- In 1993 I heard of MUME from some people who stopped playing long ago. Next year will be my 20th MUME anniversary!
- - Question by Salazár: Why there are barely any players playing MUME nowadays?
- I think, that it is more because of competition from other entertainment and real lives of former players, than anything inherent in MUME.
- When was the primary playing period irl of this char?
- 2003-2005, 2010-2012.
- - What is your relationship with MUME nowadays?
- How do you see MUME now compared to what it was back then?
- There are fewer players and more zones.
- - Other characters you have?
- Real life name and nationality?
- Jani, Finnish.
Last updated on November 2021.