Woland the Professor of Black Magic is a level one hundred Black Númenórean Wanderer
Race: Black Númenórean
Class: Mage, with lots of cleric spells lately
Special note: the first player to have two level 100 characters!
- :) Not my fault!
Base abilities: Str:10 Int:18 Wis:17 Dex:12 Con:13 Wil:12 Per:13.
Reference abilities: Str:10 Int:18 Wis:17 Dex:13 Con:14 Wil:11 Per:12.
- I always lacked wil! But i always and absolutelly loved my high con.
- Give a brief description of your char
Woland is the devil from "Master and Margarita" and in the book he "used" one "spell" - namely portal. :) So that was it - in the beginning Woland was a planned out to be a portalling BN, even though i rarely used the spell. ;-) Something like a description follows in the "eras" section.
- How would you summarize the career of your char, how did it all happen?
It happened occasionally. After hitting the wall with Azazello I didn't really plan to level Woland to 100.
This is probably also why I keep playing him when i have time and will - levels are not that important anymore. And we are still getting XP! Woland has almost 15M over the top now (One needs 158M to get to level 100). If I would pk-rip now, I would lose like ~1.8M xp, but since I am already far behind the gap - who cares?
- What was characteristic to your career, were you especially known of something specific, did you have some favourite tactics? Did you have somekind of eras distinctive of each other, favourite group mates, etc?
Yeah. Quite some eras. :)Levels 0-25 - pure telnet leveling up.
Levels 25-35 - quite some solo hunting or in occasional groups. I think on telnet also.
Levels 35-40/45 (?) - a lot of grouping with other Macros and some other BN's. That was the time when i really enjoyed hunting with 2 BN's. Imho one of the most enjoyable things to do as BN.
Levels 45-60/65 (?) - A lot of grouping with Stolb, Zmej. This is where i realized, that being a BN in a group might be also intersting.
Levels 60+ - quake spell got revamped!
Levels 79+ - pracced sanc.
Levels 80+ a lot of playing together with Koroviev (2 bns) or Stolb/Zmej.
The most characteristic is probably my love for free-riding - i just walk around looking for fight. I hate sitting on my ass somewhere without doing anything. This naturally means i do not like "trapping" as in "go somewhere, wait till tracks disappear, wait, wait, wait etc".
- What was the one thing you loved in your char that made you play it all the way?
- It was almost my only mage char and i always played him for a change after long warrior sessions.
- Describe the best, the worst, and the funniest memory you have with this char?
The best and the worst are hard to pick. I remember many interesting and close fights, but it's really hard to pick one. The most deep feelings are connected to the early ones, but right now i see so many mistakes and bad decisions in them :-) On the other hand the "pro"-fights were mainly calm-headed and do not "ring the bell". Probably the deal is that there were so many of them.The funniest ... i always loved to make fun of the trappers using watch room :-) I even posted some of them, i think.
Each level 100 character is asked to present one question to other club 100 members. Kindly submit your question here, and answer to it by yourself too.
- - Question by Woland: When was the primary playing period irl of this char?
- 2001-2005 i think.
- What is your relationship with MUME nowadays?
warm memories mostly :(
I have no free time for playing nowadays, since it's all about the job and family.
- How do you see MUME now compared to what it was back then?
- Too few people playing the game lately also does not make me feel like logging in, since i loved the free-riding and looking for fight much more then sitting in traps or having a "pre-set" fight.
- Any hints, advices, greetings to MUME community?
- I don't think anyone needs my hints in the MUME community. Though i cannot pass the possibility to greet all my group-mates and honorable foes! It was a pleasure to meet many of you in RL later. Sadly my contacts-keeping skills are close to non-existant, but trust me - i will be glad to see you all again!
- Other characters you have:?
- Others most known must be Rumata, Ennor, Baba and latest combo's Sardar and Gjurza. The rest is not that important, since i barely ever play them.
- Real life name and nationality:?
- Dmitrijs, with a rather mixed ethnical and national background :) Currently living in Hamburg, Germany.
Last updated on November 2021.