LAG, LINK, NETLAG, PING, VOID
linkcommand shows information about your connection. It will show round-trip time (best guess), and what options are active on your connection.
The following options are possible (they are decided by your OS):
- Selective acknowledgement - improves performance if you are experiencing packet loss.
- Provides accurate timestamps. If you do not have the timestamp option active, the round-trip time will be estimated a bit higher (up to 200ms) than what it really is.
- Window scaling - support larger windows. Can improve performance in spammy situations if you have a slow link, or if you are doing local editing on big files.
- If your link is broken, you will automatically attempt to flee each time someone attempts to hit you. If you are not fighting, you will rent automatically after a period of time. The rent cost is then several times higher than the normal rent. Your character will be saved automatically when your link breaks.
- If your link jams (freezes) you have a problem. The only solution we can give, is that you break your link as quickly as possible. By breaking the link you can hope that the above procedure is initiated.
- If your link freezes, or more generally if MUME doesn't receive any commands from you for a certain amount of time, your character will disappear into the void, and will reappear in the same spot when you return. Having recently met a player-controlled enemy makes the void delay considerably longer.
lagcommand that displays recent server lags, as opposed to network lag.
lagMost recent server lag(s): 1 minute ago: 6230 ms
|See also:||INTERNET, RENT, QUIT, NOQUIT, NOVOID, "CHANGE LINKDROP"|
Generated on Sun Jun 20 15:00:21 2021